forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Config files
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:12:09 GMT
I have been listening to the audio of the config meeting and I am trying
to understand the discussion. Here is what I have so far and tell me if
I am on the right track.

The idea is to have a single Forrest Instance with the ability to run
multiple Forrest Projects. There would be a Forrest Instance Config file
which would contain some of the information from Forrest.properties that
would be applicable to running an instance of forrest.

Forrest would then have multiple projects, which would contain a project
configuration file and a content directory. The project configuration
file would contain the specific configurations for each project like
skins, plugins etc.

This way one instance of Forrest is used for multiple projects instead
of each Forrest project having its own instance. So, the configuration
files would have to be split up into two parts, configurations that
would apply to an instance of Forrest and configurations that would be
specific to each project.

I am interested in this since I am planning to build an option that will
allow you to run multiple Forrest projects from within Eclipse.

Am I on the right track so far ?