forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [<div/> again]
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:59:01 GMT
Ok, I think there is a problem - or at least something different - with
cocoon transformations during views generation process.

If I generate the site with the skin (not the view plug in) I have :

    * <div id="credit"></div>

        * Because the style sheet does :
        * <div id="credit">
              o Credits calculation, but I have none...
        * </div>

    * <div class="clear both">&nbsp;</div>

        * Because the style sheet does :
        * <div class="clearboth">&#160;</div>

This is not the same behavior :

    * First, an empty div tag is kept with this form <div></div>
    * Second, the &#160; appears like &nbsp; in my source code which is
      what is expected (and not [Â ]).

Cyriaque,

Cyriaque Dupoirieux a écrit :

> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 10:25 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>>

>>> Ok, it works.
>>> The only thing is when I edit the XHTML source, I have this :

>>> It seams that &#160; is translated to  ?
>>> Why don't you use &#32; ?
>>>

>> http://www.html-world.de/program/html_sz.php
>>
>> It is in german, but you will understand. ;-)
>>
>> Did you try with &#32;? What is the outcome? I will try after work.
>>
> It gives this :
>
> So I prefer &#160; :-P
>
> You know, I don't really understand why browsers are disturbed by
> empty <div/> tags.
> But it is a fact, and I have a proof !
>
> Have a look here :
> http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/testviews1/testDiv.html