forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to put forrest:contracts
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:06:32 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:35 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>One thing we discussed a little on the list before ApacheCon and we
>>touched on at ApacheCon, but never came up with a proposal was the issue
>>of where to put forrest:contracts.
>>
>>Currently all XHTML contracts are stored in the viewHelper.xhtml plugin.
>>As was mentioned on this list before this limits reuse of the contracts
>>across different forrest:views implementations.
>>

> Only if we decide that a contract can still implement different formats.
> It is right now like it but IMO that make not much sense.

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means. What part of it is it that you feel
does not make sense?

>>In addition this creates a dependency between the XHTML view and other
>>plugins, fo example, if we use the PDF contract we create a dependancy
>>on the PDF plugin. We are seeing this agian with the view plugin.
>>
>>Is it possible, and does it make sense to, have plugins provide
>>contracts for use in forrest:views?
>>

> Yes it is possible. Each plugin can implement *in theory* (I have not
> tested it till now) a <map:match
> pattern="get.contract.{nameOfContract}.xhtml">. This way the includes we
> are doing will use this match.
>
> ...I will have to test this.

That sounds cool. Any chance of testing it in the context of the voice
plugin? I ask because I have a charity project in need of integration of
the voice plugin into their existing catalogue. Of course, I will help
out or even do the experimentation if you are busy on other things.

Ross