forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Where to put forrest:contracts
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:35:59 GMT
One thing we discussed a little on the list before ApacheCon and we
touched on at ApacheCon, but never came up with a proposal was the issue
of where to put forrest:contracts.

Currently all XHTML contracts are stored in the viewHelper.xhtml plugin.
As was mentioned on this list before this limits reuse of the contracts
across different forrest:views implementations.

In addition this creates a dependency between the XHTML view and other
plugins, fo example, if we use the PDF contract we create a dependancy
on the PDF plugin. We are seeing this agian with the view plugin.

Is it possible, and does it make sense to, have plugins provide
contracts for use in forrest:views?

Ross