forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: additional resources for plugins (was Re: problem)
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:49:42 GMT
HANAX wrote:
> It seems good but it does not work :) I think I finally understood an idea how to "include"
files, but it seems that forrest doesn't know that it should include something. I mean: how
can it know, that <vxml:grammar src="simple.jsgf"/> stands for "include external file"?
It can't check every attribute value which seems have good format for pattern... So I think
that this cause that solution doesn't work. Shouldn't I use some xsl "instruction for include"
or something like that?

(can you please make comments inline so that the context of the
discussion is not lost. It makes reading the archives much easier.)

It does not work in which context ("forrest run" and/or "forrest site"?)

You are correct that Forrest cannot know to include this particular file
if we do Forrest site. However, with "forrest run" the document should
be requested by the client and therefore Forrest would know to serve it.

Lets get it working with "forrest run", we'll solve the "forrest site"
issue later.

With the changes I recommend you should be able to request you *.jsgf
file in the browser and see it, if you don't then it is a problem with
the matcher.

One problem is that I told you to use pattern="**.jsgf", this but I also
told you to take out the path to the grammar file. Hence the match will
not work (** matches patterns with at least one '/' in them)

You should change the pattern to "*.jsgf"

Ross

> PÔVODNÁ SPRÁVA
> Od: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
> Pre: "HANAX" <hanax@hanaxsoftware.com>
> Predmet: Re: additional resources for plugins (was Re: problem)
> Dátum/Čas: 28. 7. 2005 11:57:53
>

>>HANAX wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, so what I need:
>>>
>>>root
>>>+--Grammars
>>>   +--simple.jsgf
>>>+--index.mxml
>>>
>>>and how it should look in code
>>><vxml:grammar src="..\Grammars\simple.jsgf"/>
>>

>>[WARNING] I have not tested this, so if it does not work come back with
>>error messages
>>
>>Make that <vxml:grammar src="simple.jsgf"/> and make Forrest worry about
>>where to find the file, like this...
>>
>>Add a match to your plugin sitemap:
>>
>><map:match pattern="**.jsgf">
>>   <map:generate src="resources/grammars/{1}.jsgf"/>
>>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>></map:match>
>>
>>(I'm assuming your grammar file is XML)
>>
>>Place your grammar file in PLUGIN_HOME/resources/grammars
>>

>>>My questions are:
>>>- is the path correct? Is ok to have grammars dir in output build dir? If not,
where to palce all related files I need?

>>Like I said before, it depends who writes these grammars...
>>

>>>- I need that this file will be automatically copied while processing. How to
do that? How to tell forrest that "I use these files, please copy them for me into buit site"

>>In the above solution it should all happen auotmatically (be sure to
>>tests "forrest site")
>>

>>>This grammar is created by myself.
>>

>>Yourself in what role? I am assuming you mean the plugin designer rather
>>than site designer or content editor. If you mean something else then
>>the above solution is only partially correct.
>>

>>>There is another way - embedding all grammars into mxml file, but because of reuseability
I'll prefer external source.

>>+1
>>

>>>So to be concrete, now I have structure:
>>>plugin\resources
>>>+--grammars
>>>+--stylesheets
>>

>>good
>>

>>>and need to have structure afret build as I wrote before.
>>>I really can't explain better with my english :) It's simply the general problem
of using external files. For example css or images... I can design it in plugin folder and