forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Views] use twice a contract drive two include twice the header...
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:40:33 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 19:47 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:17 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>>

>>>Just a remark,
>>>
>>>    When you use twice the same contract in a page, the *.js are include
>>>twice in the header.
>>>

>>Only the includes call or the whole head template?
>>

>The whole head template. it is fixed now.
>

>>>    ( It also works with *.css includes :-) )
>>>

>>You mean if you use:
>><forrest:css url="default.css"/>
>><forrest:css url="default.css"/>
>>
>>Hmm, we can prevent that, but do we have to and want to?
>>

>I enabled this now as well even if IMO we should find a better way to
>prevent this issue from happening. One should not be able to include a
>forrest:css with the same @url in a view.

I was not talking about <forrest:css url="anyfile.css"/> included
several times in an *.fv - IMO this is the writer responsibility to be
carreful of what he includes in his view.
(We cannot control that the included css is necessary...)

I was talking about the myContract-head content.

In fact, I was trying to dispatch the content of a whole css used with pelt skin - screen.css
- into several specific css included by the different contracts.
Benefits of this is that css :

    * are smaller and easy to understand
    * contains only what the contract needs
    * are only included if necessary, that is if you use the contract in
      your view.

Disadvantages are :

    * the number of included files in the HTML page increase. (but I
      don't know if it can have an impact on performance.)

Thank you for your correction, I will try this today.

Salutations,
Cyriaque,