forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest:hooks configurations examples (was [Views] <div id="titi"/> strange behaviour)
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:37:42 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>A forrest:hook is an abstract layer for *any* "graphical helper
>>container" (not only html), like an "interface". Each format can
>>implement special matcher and transformer which decide how and whether
>>forrest:hooks get transformed in the final output format.
>

> Wait a second, I don't mean that writing <span> I want that outputted
> directly.
>
> What I really mean is:
>
>   <forrest:span forrest:class="testClass"> </forrest:span>
>
> Using a default namespace, it becomes:

I have to admit that my first response was to agree with Nicola, but
Thorsstens reply convinced me otherwise. The main reason I like
Thorstens approach is that it keeps the language small.

I think the argument is a little bogus (less HTML dependant, as Nicola
says it's just naming), but with Thorstens version we will not need to
invent new tags for new formats, whereas with Nicolas we will.

Ross