forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: forrest:hooks configurations examples (was [Views] <div id="titi"/> strange behaviour)
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:34:21 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi a écrit :

>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>The same is true for @class attribute for forrest:hooks.
>><forrest:hook class="testClassDiv"/>
>>*or*
>><forrest:hook class="testClassDiv" type="div"/>
>>will be transformed into
>>

>Then why not simply use:

>>Another feature is that you can as well output span elements for
>>forrest:hooks instead of div elements.
>><forrest:hook name="testId" type="span"/>
>>will be transformed into
>>

>Then why not simply use

>>Here is a small summary example:
>><forrest:hook class="testClass" type="span" nbsp="true"/>
>><forrest:hook name="testId" type="span"/>
>><forrest:hook class="testClassDiv" />
>><forrest:hook name="testIdDiv" type="div" nbsp="true"/>
>>
>>will be transformed to:

>Again, why cannot we use the second version instead of creating another
>new language?

I agree with Nicola, the notation becomes a little complicated just to
add a div or a span...
Furthermore, I had big problem with empty <div/> tags which are not well
interpreted by browsers (Firefox and IE at least)
So why don't we automates the <div> </div> generation if the tag is empty ?

Salutations,
Cyriaque,