forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: locationmap editor (was Re: Wizard for Views)
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:16:19 GMT
Anil Ramnanan wrote:

>> Yeah, a forms editor is probably more appropriate. Locationmap is
>> pretty simple right now but it will get more complex as it progresses.
>> However, I'd definetely consider the Lepido approach since they have a
>> cool little editor generator that works a treat with the sitemap.xmap
>> files. The problem with the Eclipse approach is that everything is
>> coded in Java.
>

> Should go ahead with exploring a Form editor for the locationmap or wait
> until we get word from Lepido about their release ?

That's your call. I've not looked at Lepido in detail so can't really
advise other than to say we should consider the Lepido solution (note
that if we leverage the Lepido plugin we get all their other editors for
free as well). There's still plenty to finish off in the site.xml and
tabs.xml editors so we can afford to wait for a short while.

I'm hoping to look at Lepido at the tail end of this week so maybe we
can revisit this then, but first I want to provide some feedback on the
current editors.

Ross