forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: locationmap editor (was Re: Wizard for Views)
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:14:57 GMT
Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>> Does it make sense for it to be a tree view? I ask because it is not
>> really a tree structure like site or tabs.
>>
>> Perhaps we should look at the Lepido project
>> http://www.eclipse.org/lepido/ that includes sitemap editors and the
>> like, perhaps we can leverage the code in that project.
>>
>> Ross
>>

> Have you looked at the Lepido project. I am curretnly trying to get it
> to work but I seem to be missing some plugins org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui and
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui

I looked at an early version of it (pre 3.1). I talked to Sylvain at
Apachecon, he is expecting to make a release very soon.

Both the plugins you mention are from the Web Tools Project. I think
that Lepido is currently being updated to work with the latest WTP
milestone release. Perhaps there is a change in the packaging?

Perhaps a mail to the dev list asking when a release is planned will
help us plan the way forward.

> Perhaps not a tree view but maybe a form editor like the one used for
> Eclipse's plugin.xml files. The locationmap does not seem to be a very
> complex structure so perhaps something like that would work.

Yeah, a forms editor is probably more appropriate. Locationmap is pretty
simple right now but it will get more complex as it progresses. However,
I'd definetely consider the Lepido approach since they have a cool
little editor generator that works a treat with the sitemap.xmap files.
The problem with the Eclipse approach is that everything is coded in Java.

Ross