forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Documentation for Eclipse Plugin
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:37:46 GMT
It is getting increasingly difficult for myself and others to test the
Eclipse plugin due to a lack of documentation. There appear to be a
great many classes that are present but not actually working as yet.
However, it is difficult to see if this is a bug or in progress work.

Can we please have documentation for working features and issues for
non-working features so that we can proceed to test and give sensible
feedback. I think it is very important that now you have got a
reasonable amount of code working we give you timely feedback.

The best way to do the documentation is to add relevant pages to the
site-author section of SVN and, as new features are added these
documents are updated with a note and, where appropriate, a screenshot.

For example:

Site Navigation Editor
======================

The site navigation editor is enabled by:

Window -> Show View -> Other... -> Forrest -> SiteXML -> OK

This will open a new view. Now, when you select a Forrest project in the
navigator view you will see the site.xml file represented as a tree in
this view:

(screenshot)

In this documentation you can add notes about "in progress" work using
our <fixme author="..."> element, for example:

Locationmap Editor

=====
FIXME
=====

The locationmap editor is not yet fully oprational. You can display the
view, but the locationmap file is not yet loaded when you select a
Forrest project.

Ross