forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Views] Export-links
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:44:27 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    The export link templates do not use the skinconf file - that is if
> you disable the pdf link, it is always generated...
>    Is it the way you want to use views or do we still allow the user to
> configure his site with the skinconf file ?
>
>    IMO it is easy for the user to set these export links via the
> skinconf file and to add at the beginning of each templates :
>        <xsl:if test="not($config/disable-pdf-link) or $disable-pdf-link
> = 'false'">
>                <!-- xhtml generation... -->
>          </a>
>    So, the default.fv will always call the export-link.vt.xml, which
> will generate what is needed.

Skinconfig should is not used in Templates (Views) + Themes. More info
by searching the archives for "per plugin config" and other such
threads. Basically we want to be able to configure page display on a per
page or per directory basis. Hence the ability to override the *.fv files.

In other words, the PDF page should only be generated when there is a
link to it in the site itself.

So if we have a default Template (was View) that turns on the PDF link
but we have a special page called "noPDF.html" which overrides the
default and turns off the PDF link then PDF should be generated for all
pages *except* the "noPDF" page.

Ross