forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views... or Templates?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:45:25 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I'm not sure if everyone got a chance to go through this in the midst of
> ApacheCon, so I'm providing the link here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/14616
>
> Just some of my thoughts on views in response to Ross's original email.

Yeah we did bring most of your points up. I'm in the prcess of writing
up some of the conversations but it is slow going. Will be able to focus
on it properly when I get home. Expect it posted mid to late next week.

>>At this point, one thing comes to mind... what makes this different from
>>other templating systems? I mean, why not use [Velocity], [XSLTAL] or
>>JXpath templates from Cocoon?
>

> More on this later.

Cool, I look forward to that (incidentally Bertrand just committed an
XSLTAL block to Cocoon)

Ross