forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wizard for Views
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:34:58 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:58 -0400, Anil Ramnanan wrote:
>
>>I am currently trying to finish up the editor for the site.xml and
>>tabs.xml files. It is currently functional and the only things missing
>>are drag and drop support from the Eclipse navigation window and the
>>ability to edit the properties through the Eclipse properties view.
>>
>>I was thinking that I would get some feedback on the wizard for the
>>Views and contracts. I am new to it so I am trying to understand how it
>>works. I would like to know how you all would see a wizard working ie
>>what functionality would you like to see in a wizard ?
>>

> Hi Anil,
>
> I talked about the wizard with Ross on the conference. I try to
> summarize what we came up with (please ask question if you do not
> understand what I mean).

We've been discussing Views, Locationmap and I18n further and would like
to ask Anil if it is possible to implement the locationmap editor before
the Views editor. The reasoning is:

- we are still to agree some issues regarding the structure of the views
config file and terminology used within it, so there may be some changes
needed to the editor

- the locationmap structure is using a syntax based on sitemap which is
very stable now. Therefore it is unlikely to change.

- Cheche and I were discussing a more robust method of I18n, this will
utilise the locationmap (a proposal will be posted soon). Since many of
the potential users we have met here at ApacheCon consider I18N
important we would like to be able to show development in this area quickly.

This will allow us to discuss the views issues and the design of the
editor with Anil before embarking on implementation (the delay should
only be short).

Is this OK?

Ross