forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject New PMC Member: Tim WIlliams
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:06:36 GMT
The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest has asked Tim
Williams to become a committer and a member of the PMC and we are
pleased to announce that has accepted.

Tim has had a considerable impact on the Locationmap work. He has dived
in at the deepest part of Forrest as it currently stands. His
interaction with the community has been through very focused and
insightful discussion that shows a great deal of background research on
his part.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, he is not at all afraid to speak
his mind, even when this means he has to disagree with established
committers who, as we know, are sometimes wrong with a considerable
amount of self-assurance.

(just so I don't offend anyone - please recognise I am referring to
myself in the last sentence ;-)

Being a committer enables him to more easily contribute to the project
since he will not need to go via the patch submission process. This
should enable better productivity.  Being a PMC member enables him to
assist with the management and to guide the direction of the project.

On behalf of the Forrest PMC I would like to welcome Tim.

Ross