forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add support for Googles sitemap protocol?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:30:39 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> Why not use rss2.0 as the format
>> http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/other.html#feed
>>  ?
>

> It's not the format of the document that is a problem, that part is
> easy. The hard part is knowing when the page has been regnerated because
> of a change.

(identifying a potential solution to the problem I identified here...)

Perhaps you can use the XPathDirectoryGenerator [1] to identify when
files were last modified?

As for using RSS, when we originally discussed this RSS was not one of
the supported formats, hence we did not discuss it as an option.
However, it certainly has advantages over a proprietary Google schema.
So +1 for using that if you intend on implementing this.

Ross

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/xpathdirectory-generator.html