forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap fallback [was: svn commit: r209820]
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:05:49 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>Again, I agree. I'll post to Cocoon dev today.
>>

>>If anyone wants to follow along:
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112107449831525&w=2
>>
>>[Slightly OT] I wonder if we should really consider donating this back
>>to Cocoon. I think this code is of use to a much wider audience than
>>Forrest and there may be more devs to maintain it there. We have people
>>here who are committers on Cocoon right?
>

> I would like to see this in Cocoon also. Currently I build my own
> version of the locationmap jar from the forrest sources using a local
> script but that's not very convenient.

Consensus here seems to be to work on it here, at least for the
forseeable future. We should create a target as Nicola suggests to make
integration with Cocoon easier.

I hope to sit down with someone more familiar with Cocoon at the
Hackathon and work out how to enact Unico's recomendations on the Cocoon
dev list.

Ross