forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TOC in output plugin - solved :)
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:07:04 GMT
HANAX wrote:
> ok, this one works :)
> But still xhtml serializer throws error, but probably i don't really need it... I've
already read about serializers, about xhtml specifically but there is too little information
for me, for example i stil don't know how it transforms its input, or what it really does..

It doesn't transform the output, it simply serialises for consumption by
whatever requested the document.

> Finally one question: where I can find xdoc specification? I mean, I know structure and
elements of the input file but it goes
throgh several transformations during input and internal processing,
doesn't it? So are there some informational elements or attributes
added? How it will be modified? Which elements are allowed in xdoc? Can
I use any element I want?

The XDoc DTD is at http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
There is a reasonably complete example at
http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html

However, I think what you are really asking is what are the intermediate
steps between XDoc and the XHTML output. The answer to this depends on
whether you work with skins  or views. In 0.8 skins will be deprecated
and replaced with views. So, as Torsten suggests you should really be
working with views. Unfortunately, there is very little newbie
documentation for views.

The problem we have now is that we (I think I speak for all other
developers here) do not understand the voicexml schema. I think the best
way to progress now is to describe exactly what you need to achieve.
That is, create a simple XDoc and then create an XHTML representation of
that document with the voiceXML markup. If you provide both of these
documents we will be able to understand what you want to achieve and
Thorsten can tell us how to do it with views.

Does that sound like a sensible course of action?

> I hope today I make some good progress and read a lot of documents, so for now it's time
for bed :)

It certainly sounds like you have achieved allot. You deserve a good sleep.

Ross