forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TOC in output plugin
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:33:37 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 14:57 +0200, HANAX wrote:
>
>>I was told that durin processing there is a TOC build. How I can acces it in my XSL
file?

> this ToC is created for e.g. in document2html.xls from the skin you are
> using.

I do not recommend that you work with the TOC generated by the skin in
use, this is designed for visual display in a browser. I am assuming you
are working on the voiceXML plugin, if that is the case you are creating
a new output format. Do not work with the XHTML created by the skin, you
will be adding an additional layer of complexity to your own work.

For example, the TOC creation is dependant on a setting in the
skinconf.xml file. For your use case I guess you will always want a TOC
(otherwise how does the user now what is available in the file to
navigate it).

> In views the content-minitoc.ft is using it after the processing of
> document2html.xls:

Using the existing skin (or views) XSL snippets will help you understand
th XSL needed to extract things like TOC information

>> Or another way: how can I access list of sections and transform it into list of elements
in head of XHTML while processing my xsl file?

Again, do not work with XHTML. You would be better working directly with
the XDoc source.

(this does not change what Thorsten has said about Views, as he
explained a view is nothing more than a final rendering of the output
format.

Ross