forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS_UP] SVN HEAD is broken
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:00:12 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>Well, 'build test' does work, but that doesn't build our forrest docs.
>>>I am talking about our docs in forrest/site-author/
>>
>>Yeah, that is what I meant. I thought ./build.sh test also build our
>>docs, so I have not been doing it as part of my test cycle. Ooops.
>>
>>I have tried to test with this but I get Out Of Memory errors. I'm sure
>>this is nothing to do with the locationmap and recall someone haveing
>>problems recently with memory stuff. Can you please test building our docs.
>

> Yep, me. There is a recent message in the archives. Recently i needed
> to increase the memory spec in my forrest.properties file. I get the
> feeling that there is a memory leak, perhaps to do with PDF generation.
> We only hit it now, because we are generating more docs with the 0.8,
> 0.7, and 0.6 in one build.

Oh, OK. Who knows a good resource about tracking memory leaks then? This
is something I have never done before, so if someone knows how to do it
please take a look, the first stage is to verify if there is a leak or not..

> Regarding locationmap default, the site-author builds okay now.
> The only error is this reported twice:
> docs_0_80/lm:rewriteDemo/index        BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: docs_0_80/lm:rewriteDemo/index

Ah, yes, I added that document after doing the initial tests. I
remembered to remove one of the links, but not this one, obviously
(fixed now). The working version of the demo is in fresh-site.

Ross