forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: embedded javascript support
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:02:52 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has run into problems with the documentv20
> not supporting <script> tags. How do I go about embedding javascript
> in my documents?

I've used a hack solution, turn off validation and place the script in
the body (if you place it in the header it doesn't get copied across).

> Of course we could do it with views. But not everything can be done
> with views. For instance, suppose I have some content in my xdoc page
> (say an address), that I want to complement with a map (using the new
> google maps api). I could not find a way to do this in forrest.

This is the filtering stage of page creation. We've not actually done
much with this yet, but it has been talked about a number of times. See
http://tinyurl.com/7qpf3

(original discussion starts here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=110050993027005&w=2 )

If you have a use case for this then maybe you would like to come up
with a proposal?

> I can make a contract in views to put in a google map (infact, I
> already have this.. waiting for my account to commit)

COOL!

[WISH LIST] This should complement the locations plugin very well. It
would be great to see the Google maps plugin extract location info from
files provided for the locations plugin and display them in the map.

> I'm hoping that the slated move to XHTML2 will take care of this problem?

Nope, at least not if you think the only way to do it is with
Javascript. The Script tag is not one of the tags we intend to support.
See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=107262795814418&w=2

Ross