forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap fallback [was: svn commit: r209820 - in /forrest/trunk/main/webapp: WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf locationmap.xml sitemap.xmap
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:27:16 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> I'd prefer project-level locationmaps to be overrides or extensions
> rather than replacements for the app-level locationmap.

That's the intention, though not well described in the commit message.

The implementation I put in place is to get things working quickly since
we broke head. I intend to modify the LocationMapModule class to mount
an empty locationmap if it cannot find the project one (i.e. do what the
current workaround does). In the meantime we can start building the
forrest locationmap.

>  Unfortunately, locationmaps don't have
> the same concept of "mounting" so that we could simply mount
> project-level lm's ahead of the app-level one.

Yes they do - at least in theory, I've not tested it yet. If I
understand it right pretty much any of the map: elements can be used (or
easily be made to work).

In other words. I agree with everything you say. I hope others do too ;-)

Ross