forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Plugs in or skins ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:13:13 GMT
Hi,

    I'm working on a plug in of my own (the first one !) to understand
well the architecture.
    Now, I am nearly able to use the standard pelt skin instead of a sub
skin I had created.

    But I wander where is the frontier between skins and plugs in ?

    * For instance, the download example in the forrest documentation or
      the Faqs, don't you consider they should have been developed as
      plugs in just as ProjectInfo ?

    Since everything works as I wanted with my new plug in, I start to
think that I don't need to create my own skin any more :

    if I want to extend the DTD to taken into account new tags, I can
    create an input plug in,
    If I want to change the layout of an existing tag, I can create an
    output plug in.

    Am I right ?

    (Maybe views will answer my existential questions...)

--

Cyriaque,