forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] Merging locationmap_branch to head
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:11:54 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I merged the view related stuff from locationmap_branch to head. Now I
> was up to do the same for the whole locationmap.
>
> I tested like
> 22:39:54 thorsten@cartman>/guada/home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk $
> svn merge --dry-run -r190293:head
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/locationmap_branch/
>
> Besides the following files everything went well:
> C  main/webapp/forrest.xmap
> C  main/webapp/tabs.xmap
> C  main/webapp/linkmap.xmap
> C  main/webapp/menu.xmap
>
> Now I did a small diff [t]-trunk/[l]-locationmap in my eclipse and found
> following differences. Some need IMO discussion.
>
> 1) C  main/webapp/forrest.xmap
> In the locationmap are the <map:call resource=""/> and the @type="i18n"
> from the match missing. Is this intended?

Looking at the patches applied in the LM branch there seem to have been
some strange happenings that I missed in the commit mails. I am fixing
this now.

> 2) C  main/webapp/tabs.xmap
> Here we have again i18n differences.
> [t]
>      <map:transform type="i18n">
> 	        <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>
>               </map:transform>
>
> [l]
>      <map:transform type="i18n">
>                 <map:parameter name="locale"
> value="{lang}{country}{variant}"/>
>               </map:transform>

I see nothing in the LM branch that makes this change.

Here is the diff between locationmap head and the point at which the
branch was created:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/branches/locationmap_branch/main/webapp/tabs.xmap?rev=179780&r1=209038&r2=179780&diff_format=h

> 3) C  main/webapp/linkmap.xmap
> exchanges only the generator.

Not sure what you mean by this one. The diff between head and the point
of branch creation is:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/branches/locationmap_branch/main/webapp/linkmap.xmap?rev=179780&r1=209038&r2=179780&diff_format=h

> 4) C  main/webapp/menu.xmap
> Again i18n

I see nothing in the diffs between Locatoinmap head and point of branch
creation:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/branches/locationmap_branch/main/webapp/menu.xmap?rev=179780&r1=209038&r2=179780&diff_format=h

> WDYT?

I think you are brilliant for doing this and between us we'll make it
work ;-)

Ross