forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Why does viewhelper.xhtml duplicate resources.xmap
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:50:29 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Might also want to make a note in there that if views are enabled,
> then locationmap resolution of resources won't immediately work
> because viewsxhtml has it's own resource.xmap that takes precedence.
> This was at least the case the other day -- not sure if that
> resource.xmap in the plugin has been updated with the latest
> resource.xmap yet?

A plugin XMap file should not need to duplicate stuff in the existing
resources.xmap. It should only add matches that are not currently
handled by the default Forrest XMaps (or override ones that it needs to
overrisde).

Is there a reason why most (if not all) of the resources.xmap are
duplicated in this plugin? (I've not read the file detail, so I may have
missed important details)

Ross