forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] Merging locationmap_branch to head
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:44:26 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I merged the view related stuff from locationmap_branch to head. Now I
> was up to do the same for the whole locationmap.
>
> I tested like
> 22:39:54 thorsten@cartman>/guada/home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk $
> svn merge --dry-run -r190293:head
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/locationmap_branch/
>
> Besides the following files everything went well:
> C  main/webapp/forrest.xmap
> C  main/webapp/tabs.xmap
> C  main/webapp/linkmap.xmap
> C  main/webapp/menu.xmap
>
> Now I did a small diff [t]-trunk/[l]-locationmap in my eclipse and found
> following differences. Some need IMO discussion.

That all looks very strange. Let me look into it a bit more.

> BTW all this new <map:select type="exists"> should be rethought. Nicola
> can you explain how and maybe have a look in the commit mail 209151. Is
> this what you meant?

Most of this is a workaround for a bug in the sourceresolver. It is
therefore temporary (see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-554).
Tim is working with Cocoon to get it sorted out.

Furthermore, when we have a forrest default locationmap there will be no
need to look in multiple locations. SO they will all disappear.

Ross