forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License headers
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:28:20 GMT
Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>> I didn't check in detail, but I did notice the date range was
>> 1999-2004, for example:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/tools/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.forrest/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job/ForrestManager.java?rev=208884&view=markup

>> Ross
>>
> That header was in the file before I began but I will be sure to check
> the licence headers on the patches I send from now on.

In that case this must have been the file missing a header that David
referred to.

It's not a problem that you missed this, it is our responsibility to
check this kind of thing as we commit your patches. Theoretically, once
you have gained a little experience you will do this "automatically".
However, the reality is that we all make lots of mistakes. Hence all
committers are supposed to check all commits.

You'll discover that David is by far our most dilligent in this respect,
but even he makes mistakes now and again.

For reference though, all files committed to the repository must have an
attached license. In the case of source files, config files and the like
we have license headers. For binary files we places a corresponding
license file in the same archive (see the lib directories for examples).

Ross