forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: s5 output plugin enhancements
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:34:57 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Ross Gardler schrieb:
>
>>Johannes Schaefer wrote:

>>>I'll have a look ... will it show up in svn or
>>>as an update to the official plugin?
>

> Is it on purpose that I need to have a s5slides/ folder
> next to the XML source with ui/ and images/ inside?!
> Or am I missing something?

I don't have the time to check in detail right now, but I suspect this
is not on purpose. I think what is happening is this:

The plugin uses the s5sliddes/** URL to identify when something is to be
displayed as a slide (this is bad design I know, it will change to
something like **.s5.html in the future).

As a result if a URL is relative it will become "s5slides/**" which is
not correct.

What needs to be done (and is already done for some image types I think)
is a new pipeline match in resources.xmap (in the plugin) that redirects
the path. Again, this is bad design, and is the kind of use case that I
have been working on the locationmap for.

> I downloaded the updated s5.zip file, extracted it to
> FORREST_HOME/plugins and did 'ant' there.

No need for the ant. Do "forrest site" to see the docs.

> BTW: nice skin! unfortunately I can't use it :-(

Why not?

Ross