forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Forrest Wiki
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:45:08 GMT
On Saturday 30 July 2005 9:21 pm, David Crossley wrote:
> However, we do need to discuss the Wiki issue as part
> of the broader documentation effort. So thanks for
> raising it again. Someone should find the link to
> the old discussion.

I believe this is the link:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/13450

I don't have any strong feelings for a Wiki. I just feel our documentation
needs more dynamic input. The discussion in the above thread (and its a
*really long* thread) was very interesting, but I wasn't able to find any
concrete outcome. IIUC, there was loose concensus for a CMS like system for
the docs where any registered user can edit content, but only Forrest
committers can publish content.

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net