forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "HANAX" <ha...@hanaxsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Re: additional resources for plugins (was Re: problem)
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:26:33 GMT
It seems good but it does not work :) I think I finally understood an idea how to "include"
files, but it seems that forrest doesn't know that it should include something. I mean: how
can it know, that <vxml:grammar src="simple.jsgf"/> stands for "include external file"?
It can't check every attribute value which seems have good format for pattern... So I think
that this cause that solution doesn't work. Shouldn't I use some xsl "instruction for include"
or something like that?
PÔVODNÁ SPRÁVA
Od: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
Pre: "HANAX" <hanax@hanaxsoftware.com>
Predmet: Re: additional resources for plugins (was Re: problem)
Dátum/Čas: 28. 7. 2005 11:57:53

> HANAX wrote:
> > Ok, so what I need:
> >
> > root
> > +--Grammars
> >    +--simple.jsgf
> > +--index.mxml
> >
> > and how it should look in code
> > <vxml:grammar src="..\Grammars\simple.jsgf"/>
>
> [WARNING] I have not tested this, so if it does not work come back with
> error messages
>
> Make that <vxml:grammar src="simple.jsgf"/> and make Forrest worry about
> where to find the file, like this...
>
> Add a match to your plugin sitemap:
>
> <map:match pattern="**.jsgf">
>    <map:generate src="resources/grammars/{1}.jsgf"/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> (I'm assuming your grammar file is XML)
>
> Place your grammar file in PLUGIN_HOME/resources/grammars
>
> > My questions are:
> > - is the path correct? Is ok to have grammars dir in output build dir? If not, where
to palce all related files I need?

> Like I said before, it depends who writes these grammars...
>
> > - I need that this file will be automatically copied while processing. How to do
that? How to tell forrest that "I use these files, please copy them for me into buit site"

> In the above solution it should all happen auotmatically (be sure to
> tests "forrest site")
>
> > This grammar is created by myself.
>
> Yourself in what role? I am assuming you mean the plugin designer rather
> than site designer or content editor. If you mean something else then
> the above solution is only partially correct.
>
> > There is another way - embedding all grammars into mxml file, but because of reuseability
I'll prefer external source.

> +1
>
> > So to be concrete, now I have structure:
> > plugin\resources
> > +--grammars
> > +--stylesheets
>
> good
>
> > and need to have structure afret build as I wrote before.
> > I really can't explain better with my english :) It's simply the general problem
of using external files. For example css or images... I can design it in plugin folder and