forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modification of OpenOffice documents not visible while using 'forrest run'
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:38:48 GMT
birger@ekenis.de wrote:
> We're using forrest 0.6 with OpenOffice source documents in a productive
> environment. At present we try updating forrest to version 0.7, because
> we would like to use plugins.
>
> Unfortunatly we encounter the following problem: Working with 'forrest
> run' while modifying OpenOffice documents isn't usable, because the
> HTML pages don't get updated like they used to with forrest version
> 0.6. More precisely, the first browser refresh is succesfull, but after
> another modification of the OpenOffice documents refreshing the browser
> has no effect.
>
> I think the open and unassigned issue FOR-495 in apache's jira bug
> tracking system already deals with our problem. Does anybody know know
> a workaround or were I can start looking for the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ross is now leaving ApacheCon, but asked me to reply.
There is information about this on wiki.apache.org/cocoon/
Search for zip protocol. Ross has it working locally but
needs to investigate some potential license issues.
Why it is different for forrest-0.6 i don't know, and
Ross didn't talk about that.

Hope that helps.

David