forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject jars for deploy.ftp
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 06:12:29 GMT
I've just finished implementing a deploy.ftp target for Forrestbot. Since this
task requires addition of some new jars, I thought I should discuss it before
committing.

The deploy.ftp target needs the following 3 jars:
o commons-net
o ant-commons-net
o oro

The first is part of the Jakarta commons project
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/)

The second ships with Ant itself.

The third is also part of the Jakarta project
(http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/).

Since everything is under the Apache umbrella, I don't see any problems as far
as licensing is concerned. Utility wise I think the deploy.ftp target is
critical since most web hosting providers typically provide FTP as the
primary file management interface (very few actually provide SCP or shell).

The task is completely configurable, and also allows use of the "modified"
selector (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html#modified) to
only choose modified files (based on a hash of the file content) for
uploading.

The total size of the 3 jars combined is 344K.

Comments?

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net