forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add support for Googles sitemap protocol?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:06:40 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:

> > > However please do not use the name "sitemap".
> > > We cannot afford confusion between this and
> > > the real Cocoon "sitemap".
>
> Do you have any naming preferences linkmap-google.xml and linkmap-rss.xml or
> others?

I was talking about the name "sitemap". Perhaps use "google-map".

> >> I'm afraid I don't recall the answer to this and I am going to bed right
> >
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#cli-xconf
>
> Unfortunately there is an annoying bug with this approach, see:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480
>
> Does anyone have a work-around or patch for this?

Argh, sorry. I have added that to my list of issues
to talk to the Cocoon people at ApacheCon.

Workarounds? The only one that i can think of is
to make an inconspicuous link from one of the docs,
e.g. <a href="blah.html">.</a>

i.e. not from site.xml or it will create a menu item.

-David