forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap fallback [was: svn commit: r209820]
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:25:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> At a later date we may decide to put this behaviour in the java code.
> But for a "get it working" solution I think this will work.
>
> Comments?

I worry about that approach because it is too easy to let
the workaround take hold.

I wonder if a quick chat on Cocoon dev might be better. We need
to report our general success anyway. You never know, Unico might
get excited and come over to help us :-)

For the benefit of recent Forrest developers. This was the
first implementation of the Locationmap ability and it has
been dormant in our core until we were ready to use it.
Of course, Cocoon has moved on in that time.
e.g. pass-through sitemaps has enabled us to have the
project sitemaps.

-David