forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Børre Gaup <borre.g...@samediggi.no>
Subject Re: [i18n] again...
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:51:45 GMT
Bearjadat, Suoidnemánnu 08. b.  2005 09:27, Johannes Schaefer čálii:
> Pedro I. Sanchez schrieb:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 13:54 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>    I'm really sorry to ask the question but I cannot retrieve the
> >>answer in the archive.
> >>    How can I change the language of the static site using i18n ?
> >>    I tried to set -Duser.language=fr in the ant call, and it's Ok for
> >>the folder structure : site/fr/...
> >>    But my labels are still in English (ie: Search button is called
> >>"Search"...)
> >
> > In previous e-mails J.P. Pablos indicated that i18n worked for him but
> > it has never worked for me unless I do a couple of local changes (using
> > 0.7, not the SVN version).
> >
> > 1. Set project.i18n=true in forrest.properties (in you site).
> >
> > 2. This is the ugly part. In apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
> > change the following:
> >
> >   <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>
>
> have you ever experimented with a url like this
>  http://localhost:8888/..../index.html?locale=fr_FR

I tried this approach when I made the http://divvun.no site.

The result was that the main document was translated to the requested
language, but the menu was displayed only in the language of requested by the
browser.

When I translated the common messages, located in
$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/skins/common/translations/CommonMessages*.xml, they
appeared as requested.

I ended up making subtabs for the different languages.

Børre