forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject embedded javascript support
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:24:38 GMT
I was wondering if anyone has run into problems with the documentv20
not supporting <script> tags. How do I go about embedding javascript
in my documents?

Of course we could do it with views. But not everything can be done
with views. For instance, suppose I have some content in my xdoc page
(say an address), that I want to complement with a map (using the new
google maps api). I could not find a way to do this in forrest.

I can make a contract in views to put in a google map (infact, I
already have this.. waiting for my account to commit), but it only
allows you to place the map in fixed places (like a menubar, or
header, or footer and so on)

I'm hoping that the slated move to XHTML2 will take care of this problem?
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker