forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Use Cocoon Portlets rather than views?
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:58:54 GMT

At ApacheCon Johannes, after listening to the presentation on Cocoon
portlets, raised the question if views were not re-inventing the wheel
with Cocoon portlets (I hope I remember the name right) already
offering a similar functionality.

Ross said that he wanted to take a look at the latest version in
Cocoon and see if and how far we are actually duplicating
functionality.

Ross, are you still going to comment on this? Can anybody else please
comment? Are we in fact reinventing the wheel here?

With all the work going into implementing views, testing and
documenting them right now I'd like to see such a discussion happen
rather soon.

--
Ferdinand Soethe