forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to put forrest:contracts
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:05:39 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 21:06 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:35 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>One thing we discussed a little on the list before ApacheCon and we
> >>touched on at ApacheCon, but never came up with a proposal was the issue
> >>of where to put forrest:contracts.
> >>
> >>Currently all XHTML contracts are stored in the viewHelper.xhtml plugin.
> >>As was mentioned on this list before this limits reuse of the contracts
> >>across different forrest:views implementations.
> >>

> > Only if we decide that a contract can still implement different formats.
> > It is right now like it but IMO that make not much sense.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what that means. What part of it is it that you feel
> does not make sense?

To store *different* formats within *one* forrest:contract.

I agree that we have to move the contracts of the viewHelper.xhtml
plugin. I believe that contracts have to be stored in a repository and
views and css-skins as well.

Kind of viewHelper.xhtml.contracts (*.ft), viewHelper.xhtml.skins and
view (*.fv) "repository-plugin".

...more in the proposal (that I still trying to finish). ;-)

> >>In addition this creates a dependency between the XHTML view and other
> >>plugins, fo example, if we use the PDF contract we create a dependancy
> >>on the PDF plugin. We are seeing this agian with the view plugin.
> >>
> >>Is it possible, and does it make sense to, have plugins provide
> >>contracts for use in forrest:views?
> >>

> > Yes it is possible. Each plugin can implement *in theory* (I have not
> > tested it till now) a <map:match
> > pattern="get.contract.{nameOfContract}.xhtml">. This way the includes we
> > are doing will use this match.
> >
> > ...I will have to test this.
>
> That sounds cool. Any chance of testing it in the context of the voice
> plugin? I ask because I have a charity project in need of integration of
> the voice plugin into their existing catalogue. Of course, I will help
> out or even do the experimentation if you are busy on other things.

I will try to hack something on the weekend that we can test.
I reckon you/we can easily enhance this code afterwards. ;-)

salu2
thorsten

--
thorsten