forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where to put forrest:contracts
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:37:47 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:35 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> One thing we discussed a little on the list before ApacheCon and we
> touched on at ApacheCon, but never came up with a proposal was the issue
> of where to put forrest:contracts.
>
> Currently all XHTML contracts are stored in the viewHelper.xhtml plugin.
> As was mentioned on this list before this limits reuse of the contracts
> across different forrest:views implementations.

Only if we decide that a contract can still implement different formats.
It is right now like it but IMO that make not much sense.

> In addition this creates a dependency between the XHTML view and other
> plugins, fo example, if we use the PDF contract we create a dependancy
> on the PDF plugin. We are seeing this agian with the view plugin.
>
> Is it possible, and does it make sense to, have plugins provide
> contracts for use in forrest:views?

Yes it is possible. Each plugin can implement *in theory* (I have not
tested it till now) a <map:match
pattern="get.contract.{nameOfContract}.xhtml">. This way the includes we
are doing will use this match.

...I will have to test this.

salu2
--