forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Views] use twice a contract drive two include twice the header...
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:13:46 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 09:40 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

> >>Only the includes call or the whole head template?
> >>

> >The whole head template. it is fixed now.

> >>You mean if you use:
> >><forrest:css url="default.css"/>
> >><forrest:css url="default.css"/>
> >>
> >>Hmm, we can prevent that, but do we have to and want to?
> >>

> >I enabled this now as well even if IMO we should find a better way to
> >prevent this issue from happening. One should not be able to include a
> >forrest:css with the same @url in a view.
> >

> I was not talking about <forrest:css url="anyfile.css"/> included
> several times in an *.fv - IMO this is the writer responsibility to be
> carreful of what he includes in his view.
> (We cannot control that the included css is necessary...)

I added a key which will include only

> I was talking about the myContract-head content.
>
> In fact, I was trying to dispatch the content of a whole css used with pelt skin - screen.css
- into several specific css included by the different contracts.
> Benefits of this is that css :
>
>     * are smaller and easy to understand
>     * contains only what the contract needs
>     * are only included if necessary, that is if you use the contract in
>       your view.
>
> Disadvantages are :
>
>     * the number of included files in the HTML page increase. (but I
>       don't know if it can have an impact on performance.)
>
> Thank you for your correction, I will try this today.

Actually we started like this. Each contract could provide css-templates
as well but we decided that we should rather not do it like this.

The problem is the reusabilty of the contract in different skins. A
contract should be as skin independent as possible. The performance
should not be a problem.

salu2

--
thorsten