forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wizard for Views
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:17:24 GMT
On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:58 -0400, Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> I am currently trying to finish up the editor for the site.xml and
> tabs.xml files. It is currently functional and the only things missing
> are drag and drop support from the Eclipse navigation window and the
> ability to edit the properties through the Eclipse properties view.
>
> I was thinking that I would get some feedback on the wizard for the
> Views and contracts. I am new to it so I am trying to understand how it
> works. I would like to know how you all would see a wizard working ie
> what functionality would you like to see in a wizard ?

Hi Anil,

I talked about the wizard with Ross on the conference. I try to
summarize what we came up with (please ask question if you do not
understand what I mean).

Preparation:
First you would activate forrest:views in your project to follow my
examples. Actually when you do a forrest seed on actual head then you
need to uncomment the properties for views (project.skin and plugins).
More information on views you can find in the howTo's around them
online.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html

Now start forrest and point your browser to
http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html. This page will bring up all
contracts that we currently have in our contract repository and which
can be used in the view.

The idea is firstly to create a wizard for forrest:view (*.fv).
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-dsl.html

eclipse:
We thought the first eclipse view should contain a tree view of all
possible view contracts
(http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html#availableContracts). When
selecting one contract from the tree, the contract will be added to the forrest:view (e.g.
default.fv)

You can use the <usage/> of each selected contract.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-contracts.html#newContract
to adding the contract to the view.

Another eclipse view would be the nodes of the view file (e.g.
default.fv). Here we have just the following tag:
-forrest:hook
-forrest:css
-forrest:contract

This are just some basic instruction, please ask any question that may
raise here.

Thanks

salu2

--