forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: Wizard for Views
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:17:24 GMT
On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:58 -0400, Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> I am currently trying to finish up the editor for the site.xml and
> tabs.xml files. It is currently functional and the only things missing
> are drag and drop support from the Eclipse navigation window and the
> ability to edit the properties through the Eclipse properties view.
> I was thinking that I would get some feedback on the wizard for the
> Views and contracts. I am new to it so I am trying to understand how it
> works. I would like to know how you all would see a wizard working ie
> what functionality would you like to see in a wizard ?

Hi Anil,

I talked about the wizard with Ross on the conference. I try to
summarize what we came up with (please ask question if you do not
understand what I mean).

First you would activate forrest:views in your project to follow my
examples. Actually when you do a forrest seed on actual head then you
need to uncomment the properties for views ( and plugins).
More information on views you can find in the howTo's around them

Now start forrest and point your browser to
http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html. This page will bring up all
contracts that we currently have in our contract repository and which
can be used in the view.

The idea is firstly to create a wizard for forrest:view (*.fv).

We thought the first eclipse view should contain a tree view of all
possible view contracts
( When
selecting one contract from the tree, the contract will be added to the forrest:view (e.g.

You can use the <usage/> of each selected contract.
to adding the contract to the view.

Another eclipse view would be the nodes of the view file (e.g.
default.fv). Here we have just the following tag:

This are just some basic instruction, please ask any question that may
raise here.

> Anil.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)