forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro I. Sanchez" <psanc...@colcan.biz>
Subject Re: [i18n] again...
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:47:36 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-07 at 09:27 +0200, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> > 1. Set project.i18n=true in forrest.properties (in you site).
> >
> > 2. This is the ugly part. In apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
> > change the following:
> >
> >   <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>
>
> have you ever experimented with a url like this
>  http://localhost:8888/..../index.html?locale=fr_FR
>
> this is a guess of mine seeing the cocoon request:locale
> Johannes

If your web site supports multiple languages then the above is probably
a solution. But if your web site is written only in one language, like
the vast majority are, you are not interested in that type of URL or in
telling your visitors how to set up the language preferences in their
browsers. In my case, I want Forrest to use the Spanish catalogues to
generate a static web site. So far my ugly hack above does the job.

But ideally I'd like to be able to type

$ LANG=fr_FR forrest

or

$ LANG=es_ES forrest

and get the static web site to use 1) the corresponding
language-specific content, and b) the corresponding i18n catalogues.
The former seems to work (see
http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/05/10/internalization-a-site-using-forrest-07-dev/
)
but the latter does not work (for me at least). Of course, if your web
site content is in one language only you then don't care about 1) at
all.

--
Pedro