forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pedro I. Sanchez" <>
Subject Re: [i18n] again...
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:32:42 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 13:54 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm really sorry to ask the question but I cannot retrieve the 
> answer in the archive.
>     How can I change the language of the static site using i18n ?
>     I tried to set -Duser.language=fr in the ant call, and it's Ok for 
> the folder structure : site/fr/...
>     But my labels are still in English (ie: Search button is called 
> "Search"...)

In previous e-mails J.P. Pablos indicated that i18n worked for him but
it has never worked for me unless I do a couple of local changes (using
0.7, not the SVN version).

1. Set project.i18n=true in (in you site).

2. This is the ugly part. In apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
change the following:

  <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>


  <map:parameter name="locale" value="fr_FR"/>

3. Run forrest to generate your French website.

You should get the French labels now. Setting the LANG environment
variable or using the -Duser.language flag don't work for me.

Hope it helps,


View raw message