forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugs in or skins ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:06:41 GMT
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:11 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

> >>Yes, they will!
> >>

> >Yes, please, Cyriaque, have a look into views.
> >

> Waouh ! It's amazing.
> My plug in can be shrinked to two small contracts !

:)

I was expecting something like this. ;-)

> And I really like the distinction between head and body which
> automatically includes scripts in the header !

> I will continue my study tomorrow, but I think it's the solution I was
> looking for for ages.

:) nice to hear, welcome to views. ;-)

> The only thing is I was used to the pelt skin...
> I am going to see what I can do.

Actually we have to provide all contract that we are using right now on
forrest.apache.org before we can call our default.fv default. ;-)

It would be really nice to see pelt done with views. Maybe we can even
fix he floating searchbox css bug. ;-)

> Thanks a lot,
>
> >I reckon what you really want to do is writing your own viewHelper.xhtml
> >plugin. This plugin can be compared with the traditional "skin-packages"
> >like pelt. It provides contracts, css and a default view implementation
> >(html skeleton) like a skin with the advantage that a designer can
> >easily change parts or the whole lot of the skin without touching
> >contracts (xsl-code).
> >
> >Please join us on developing views.
> >

> Why not,

:)