forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] IRC vs. Skype
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:58:01 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> I would go with Nicola and Gregor, to use common resources that would
> leverage the administration and setup of such a system. I reckon lenya
> would happily meet in a #cocoon-federation channel, that would be
> meeting point for cocoon, lenya and forrest committer.

no.

the whole point was to leverage an existing channel, not further the
seperation by creating yet another.

irc is about community, and creating more channels is totally counter to
that. you'd want to make more people casually aware of what's going on
without having them to join yet another channel.

contrary to a mailing list, this is not hijacking, because the people on
the channel are specifically there to banter or lurk.