forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap ?issues?.. maybe..
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:06:21 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> I apologize up front for being a pest while you guys are prepping for
> the release but...
>
> I started my queries into sitemaps with the cocoon:/ && cocoon://
> protocols but now I'm starting to wonder whether we have other sitemap
> related issues too.  (Not issues in the sense of bugs, but issues in
> the sense of overly verbose code).
>
> Currently, in most, but not all of the subsitemaps there are duplicate
> transformer, generator, serializer declarations.  Because the parent
> sitemap components are available to the subsitemap components I don't
> get why their sprinkled so liberally across subsitemaps.

It could get a good cleaning.

At one point in time, someone -was it Jeff?- worked through them to put
in the main sitemap only the declarations that are common accross *all*
subsitemaps, and locally declare components that are specific to
subsitemaps. Of course, some duplication can occur.

Personally I would be fine to put all declarations in the main sitemap,
as it makes it clear what our dependencies are.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -