forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest + Lenya (Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:27:43 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Hmmm... wait a second. Let's say that I add myfile.xml to SVN... can it
> be later edited in Lenya?

that could be made to work. needs some initialization though, because
lenya creates worfklow histories etc for each document.

> Also, is it good to bypass all the publishing
> workflow?

presumably, a committer knows what they are doing,

> What is confusing me is the presence of two repos, and editing made
> possible on the publishing one. Please excuse my ignorance, but can't
> Lenya use just SVN as a repo?

that is definitely a goal, too. it currently can't, yet. another point
for two repos is that you dont want every little diff in SVN, just the
ones that are being approved. lenya saves a version for every edit
cycle, and there can be an unlimited number of those before someone
decides to submit it for approval.