forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest + Lenya (Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:44:28 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> -------- committers ------------. .---- Non-Committers ---
>>                                 | |
>> +---------+    +---------+    +-------+    +----------+
>> | Forrest |<---| SVN     |<---| Lenya |--->|Lenya Repo|
>> +---------+    +---------+    +-------+    +----------+
>>                    .               /|\          |
>>                   /|\               |___________|
>>               +------------+
>>               | Committers |
>>               | Tools      |
>>               +------------+

>> In this model there is the potential for conflict between edits in the
>> Lenya Repo that have not yet been published and edits by committers
>> working directly with SVN. In my view this is no more of a problem
>> than the potential for conflicts between in progress edits on
>> individual checked out copies of SVN, or at least if we stay on top of
>> publishing changes to Lenya this should be the case. What do others
>> think about this?
>
> lenya uses pessimistic offline locking. with svn 1.2, there is now lock
> support, so this should'nt be a problem.

Hmmm... wait a second. Let's say that I add myfile.xml to SVN... can it
be later edited in Lenya? Also, is it good to bypass all the publishing
workflow?

What is confusing me is the presence of two repos, and editing made
possible on the publishing one. Please excuse my ignorance, but can't
Lenya use just SVN as a repo?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -