forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:31:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> How difficult is it to provide a version of a page without the
> navigation stuff, just the raw content? If you can do this then you are
> already integrated (if you use the locationmap branch of Forrest).

fairly trivial. i had no idea integration would be that easy :) let me
hack a little demo on our zone..

this would still be html output, right? so it would not yet do the full
xdocs. seems like a very good, low hurdle start.

> See my other response to Davids concerns about about maintenance and the
> need for an Apache-wide system. So far it seems Lenya would be a better
> choice as long as the integration is not a real pain and there is enough
> buy in from the two communities.

there are degrees to the integration, and i think it's important to
start gradually to not fall into the 'let's invent tools' trap :)

but your idea above is very encouraging.