forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:23:17 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I find this very alarming. Some people at Infrastructure are
> trying to get a cross-project environment established for managing
> documentation tools and site-building. All PMCs were asked to
> join and discuss this. Some people have, but mainly the process
> has stalled again.

Because it's discussion instead of DIY.

> Instead we see projects like Cocoon rushing off to do their
> own thing. Now we will get duplicate instances of Daisy/Forrest.

I find it very constructive that people are rushing to make it work.
Consolidation can come later.

Would it be better just to see this as an experiment, and not (yet)
really move the docs there till we have a vote with a working system and
a plan?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -